Risk and Resilience Mining Solutions Conference in Vancouver, April 2016
Oct 28th, 2015
The Risk and Resilience Mining Solutions Conference in Vancouver will be an exciting event.
Risk and Resilience Mining Solutions Conference in Vancouver
Riskope is actively supporting the organization of Risk and Resilience Mining Solutions Conference in Vancouver, April 2016 for which the call for ABSTRACTS is now open.
The conference covers risk identification and assessment as well as development of mitigation measures. Other themes include:
- risk based decision making methods,
- current practices for risk mitigation, as well as
- case histories at all stages of mine life and activities.
As a matter of fact the case studies may include:
- open pits,
- underground workings,
- tailings facilities,
- waste rock dumps,
- heap leach pads, and finally
- water supply as well as treatment systems.
The processes of regulatory and corporate governance are important to risk management and will in fact also be examined.
Sound risk management requires means for long-term roadmaps. As a mater of fact these will include:
- robust risk based recovery plans as well as monitoring,
- bonding and insurance to achieve operating and long-term robustness and resilience in development, and finally
- operations and closure plans.
On behalf of the organizing committee we invite you to present an abstract and to come to beautiful Vancouver in April 2016!
Prospective authors can submit abstracts by December 7, 2015 to email@example.com
Franco Oboni, Co-chairman
Cesar Oboni, Technical committee
Tagged with: case histories, current practices for risk mitigation, development of mitigation measures, heap leach pads, mine life, open pits, Risk Assessment, risk based decision making methods, risk identification, Tailings Facilities, treatment systems., underground workings, waste rock dumps, water supply
Category: Consequences, Hazard, Mitigations, Probabilities, Risk management, Uncategorized
Leave a Reply