Risk Management Services
In our world we live in constant acceleration. Management wants instant answers, often high-level, with no time for details.
- You may be submerged by risk and hazard data, feel overwhelmed, or
- risk controls may seem to be in place, but you wonder if they really are there, or
- conflict situations arise due to lack of clarity in (internal-external) risk communication.
At Riskope we believe in complete, convergent, robust risk solutions that we know can relieve all those issues. Riskope also understands we need to support you when you need it more, that is when management asks you for the “impossible”, you have only limited budgets, you do not have enough time to understand extant exposures or emerging risks.
Thanks to our wide spectrum international experience and our ORE (Optimum Risk Estimates, ©Oboni Riskope Associates Inc.) we at Riskope believe we can offer an optimum blend of support activities, when you need them, how you need them.
Why can Riskope support your endeavors?
Below is a list of Riskope’s areas of expertise that make it possible for Riskope to support you when you need it, where you need it.
- Over twenty years of international quantitative risk assessment and management experience, spanning 4 continents: various industries, mining, forestry, insurance, railroads and highways transportation, water, insurance.
- Teaching, coaching, seminar facilitators experience, fluent in four languages. Specific MBA courses, senior review of professional reports where uncertainties and risks are discussed.
- Capable of quickly digesting and distill large amount of information.
- Hundreds of missions over a wide range of industries going from mining, in particular, base and precious metals and coal, to chocolate makers to nuclear refurbishment at various degrees of maturity, including startups.
- High problem solving capabilities.
- Recognized authorities in the cross disciplinary field of risk advisory, crisis evaluation, decision making support, published authors of books and articles.
ORE applications exist in “off the shelf” format and are custom tailored to the specific needs of each client. Examples include:
ORE applications seamlessly integrate with the ORE-ERM framework and include specific algorithms for the evaluation of events’ probabilities and multi-dimensional consequences, risk tolerance and special aggregation of risks. ORE applications and ORE-ERM solve important questions that will save you and your company aggravation, scrutiny and pain. Contact us to learn more!
How Riskope does it
In order to be there for you in the most beneficial way we offer different lines of support.
Flash support (Conference Call only, no flying, no delays, immediate support, limited preparation).
Lighting support (Conference Call only, no flying, very fast support, enhanced preparation) and finally
Jet support (flying to site, consultations on site as needed)\
Custom tailored ORE deployments, including all existing and future ORE2_xx apps.
Contact us to explore the best custom-tailored solution to your needs.
5 keys to healthy project management that every manager needs, but only successful ones know.
Projects, particularly larger ones, are inherently risky due to long planning horizons and complex interfaces. Inevitable changes in management and workforce personnel during the project’s cycle increase uncertainties and generate unwanted additional risk exposures.
Complexity, risk inter-dependencies and unplanned events are often unaccounted for, leaving budget and time contingencies inadequate.
May be you are among those who:
- Are concerned that all risks may not have been identified and their consequences are underestimated.
- Find that too many risks are classed/binned together and lack adequate differentiation.
- See that the existing project risk analyses do not include interdependencies, media outburst, potential for public outcry and the potential crisis impacts that could result.
At Riskope, we talk on a regular basis with Project Managers who want to fill these gaps, but who can’t find solutions in common practices. The good news is solutions exist and are affordable!
If you have at hand a clearer understanding of the project’s system your decision making will become easier and more defensible, costs will be under control— and, you will reduce the chances of experiencing the stress of coming in over budget, costly delays, being cornered, or worse of all complete project failure (on your watch).
Riskope will support your endeavors by:
- enhancing your team’s understanding of uncertainties and risks,
- evaluating events and the implications of your assumptions,
- helping you discern between “business as usual” and risks to large to take,
- performing solid and well balanced quantitative project risk assessments and finally
- integrating the results of our analysis in a customized project management road-map totally unique to your business.
- Deploy if requested an ORE solution and possibly an off the shelf or custom-tailored ORE application.
Riskope will undertake all or a selection of the following steps with your team:
- Hazard Identification.
- Identify Elemental Failure Modes and their aggregated consequences.
- Evaluate Hazards and Elemental Failure Modes Probabilities.
- Evaluate Potential Targets and Costs of Failure including Compound Failure Modes and Interdependencies and finally
- Determine universal and sectoral Risks in a scalable and transparent manner.
Are you following any of the codes below?
- ISO 31000 or ISO 31000:2009, Risk management – Principles and guidelines, provides principles, framework and a process for managing risk.
- ISO 31010 i.e. IEC 31010:2009 the dual logo IEC/ISO, single prefix IEC, supporting standard for ISO 31000 and provides guidance on selection and application of systematic techniques for risk assessment.
- ISO 9000 set of international standards on quality management and quality assurance
- COSO the 2004 the Enterprise Risk Management—Integrated Framework.
- ONR 49000 the Austrian Standards On Risk Management and finally
- AACE International Recommended Practice No. 57R-09, Integrated Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis using Monte Carlo Simulation
Then you might have realized that, despite your efforts, decision making, and planning road-maps remain fuzzy. Not anymore! ORE will make all of the above crystal clear to all parties.
Oftentimes that occurs in multi-actor processes involving multiple stakeholders, both public and private, driven by conflicting interests. The reason for this lies in unclear, unscalable, cluttered and opaque assumptions. Indeed, those assumptions are ubiquitous in common practice approaches they use to implement those codes and methodologies. Clarity is one of the ORE benefits!
Like many of Riskope’s clients you will see immediate benefits and realize the advantages of Riskope’s actions, including:
- Confidence, clear decision-making, and powerful leadership.
- Clarity and transparency from streamlined Risk Assessment, by eliminating double counting and other common mistakes.
- Ease of internal and external communication. Riskope uses a clear glossary and definitions based on solid science.
- Rational and unbiased inclusion of lessons learned from past operating experience on similar projects (if available). Riskope integrates your team’s opinion in a scalable environment. Finally,
- Enhancement of your negotiating angles and increase of your competitive edge.
Mining, in particular base and precious metals, coal, and insurance companies around the world, contractors, the Swiss Army, suppliers and technology companies, UNDP have all already enjoyed the benefits of Riskope’s unique and leading edge approach to risk. Indeed Riskope’s base their actions on over two decades of international experience, the deployment of innovative, proven proprietary methodologies (ORE, Optimum Risk Estimates ©Oboni Riskope Associates Inc.) the capacity to digest large volumes of information aimed at:
- Bringing crystal clear clarity and transparency to projects.
- Building sound leadership.
- Creating defensible stances and finally,
- durable mitigation and management.
Riskope’s designs risk management services for those managing projects requiring cost and schedule accountability. Indeed Riskope’s services are neither for people satisfied with the “Break-Fix model” nor for those who want a project happening no matter what. In fact, risk management services are not for those that are comfortable with the status quo.
So if you are tired of:
- sleepless nights worrying over your project’s risks,
- chronic stress and concerns over quality,
- overwhelming feelings due to vast amount of risk data, as well as
- difficult calibration of risk mitigation efforts,
then it’s time to work with Riskope and see a ORE deployment custom tailored to your needs.
Getting started with Riskope’s risk management services is easy. In fact, after a first contact, we will sign a NDA, receive your project description or enter into a conference call.. Then we will discuss and define a custom tailored approach with you and your Project’s team. As a result, you could be swiftly entering in a whole new world of risk management!
As a matter of fact, our fees will most likely be less than the savings derived from correcting even one single wrong assumption.
We guarantee that the results of Riskope’s risk management services will enhance your understanding of the project risks and mitigations, and reduce your stress.
We look forward to your email and supporting your endeavors. On time, on budget!
We tailor all of our work to meet the unique requirements of each assignment. However, there are chances we have already done studies similar to your needs. Thus we can provide you with an example of our work. Contact us – we are here to help.
Our case studies provide a flavor of our approach. The case studies show how we provide support for informed decisions that preserve enterprise value.
The case studies are organized by Industry Sector and Risk Hazard.
Riskope tailored Risk Management Services include:
Risk Analysis & Assessment Reports
- Optimum Risk Estimates (ORE) that use quantitative empirical data, careful modeling, analysis of probabilities and consequences, and an understanding of tolerance for risk, in order to establish clear priorities and allocate resources for action.
- Environmental risk assessment reports that objectively evaluate and quantify the risks associated with natural hazards.
- Project feasibility reviews that provide an impartial, third-party validation of key assumptions, calculations, and risks for project feasibility studies.
- Analysis of M&A transaction risks, to identify and quantify risks that could impact enterprise value. Finally,
- Hazard mitigation advice, to establish clear priorities for action, resource allocation, and capital investment.
View Case Studies
Risk Management Plans
- Investment priorities for risk mitigation that align risk mitigation with risk tolerance.
- Evaluation of strategic alternatives, based on comparative risk profiles.
- Project risk management and life cycle plans, using Riskope’s Comparative Decision Analysis software, to address the limitations of traditional Net Present Value (NPV) approaches. Finally,
- Guidance for public consultation processes, that incorporate transparent risk assessments to builds supporters rather than antagonists.
View Case Studies
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) ORE deployments
- Risk & security audits to verify compliance, identify compliance gaps, and assess effectiveness of systems in preventing risks.
- Supply chain risk assessment, to evaluate critical interdependencies and complexities of supply chain systems. Finally,
- Business continuity and resilience evaluation of catastrophe preparedness, crisis management, and operational resilience in face of business disruption.
View Case Studies
Litigation and Insurance Support
- Insurance denial disputes, including review of risk assumptions used to support coverage denial and claims disputes.
- Force Majeure clause assessments, to identify weaknesses in standard legal language that creates unnecessary litigation risk.
- Negotiation and litigation support and finally
- Expert witness testimony
View Case Studies